Re: FTM-350 FREQ OBJ problem?

Greg Depew

Yes the one from KB3KBR-1 Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

-----Original Message-----
From: Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
Sent: 5/9/2012 8:37:08 AM
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Re: FTM-350 FREQ OBJ problem?

I'm seeing three objects matching "145.130*".  Can you be specific as to actual object name AND transmitting station ID?

145.130 owned by W6PKT-5 show no range on my system.
145.130- owned by KB3KBR-1 shows in my drop-down, but I can't MultiTrack (bug to track down)
145.130WA owned by VE7ZKI-10 shows no range on my system.

None of these should show any Range.  I can't even find any recent 145.130* at aprs.fi that include W3MIE (but I didn't search really hard).

However, with my loose parser of packet contents, if you have W3MIE as the first non-frequency component in the comment, I'll see the W3M and consider it a non-compliant, single digit, Westerly range of 3 Miles.  This is a side effect of attempting to generate a humanly readable face for the random bits of flotsam and jetsom that are out there in packets.

If you look at any low altitude WinLink object,  you'll find that they are injecting Rnm with single digits as well.  I'll probably update my range rummager to require a space (or end of comment) after the non-compliant term before picking the value out of it.

Lynn(D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 5/9/2012 12:30 AM, Greg Depew wrote:

I noticed a new problem with the range finder. when parsing 145.130 I have the repeaters callsign of W3MIE parses it as 3mi range. Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE