Re: tap on ME view

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Fred, can you verify in the latest Dev version that I've got this fixed?

On 5/3/2012 9:58 AM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:
I have several comments to pick from. Mostly they are of frequencies of repeaters I frequent. I also have a couple others, "[Scanning]", "unavailable" and of course "147.052MHz". If you look at the APRS.FI raw history for N7FMH-12 you can see a few.

In APRSISCE, if you click on ME, the second line in the window that comes up has a comment. For you [-12], you have Time (0:00:00) Biking for lunch. Yep, you need to refresh. :)

If I change my comment, the actual transmitted data is correct. It is the newly selected comment, however, the comment listed under ME doesn't get updated.

I just checked APRSIS32 and it responds the same way. The window from clicking on ME doesn't get undated.

I believe it does not persist across power-up. I think I tested that.

Best regards,
Fred, N7FMH

From: aprsisce@... [mailto:aprsisce@...] On Behalf Of Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 22:18
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] tap on ME view

I'm afraid I don't totally understand where it said "unavailable"; in the popup menu, the station information popup, or Configure / Beacon / Comment?

Did the situation persist across a restart?  If so, please e-mail your APRSISCE.XML file to KJ4ERJ@... and mention this issue.

On 5/2/2012 7:23 PM, fmhillhouse@... wrote:

Hi Lynn,

APRSISCE Dev.

As I was driving home tonight I click on my ME icon. I notice the comment was "unavailable". I use it when I am in the office. I had set it to 140.105MHz when I hit the road. When I got home, I checked APRS.FI and the correct comment had been sent for the bulk of the trip. Near the end I changed it around a bit and the APRS.FI record reflected each change but the station view did not.

I had noticed this before but thought I had not set it correctly so it is not a very recent change. But I cant say when I first noticed it.

Best regards,
Fred, N7FMH