Re: FTM-350 FREQ OBJ problem?

James Ewen

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Bob Bruninga <bruninga@usna.edu> wrote:

ok, just made a spec approved obj of 144.630 in the name
and 145.230rx T123 and my 350 will NOT  qsy to it.
That is because 145.530rx is not IAW the spec.  The first 10 byte frequency
MUST HAVE "MHz".

Only a second listed alternative repeater INPUT frequency in the "2nd 10
bytes" can be without the MHz.
That's incorrect information Bob...

A FREQUENCY OBJECT with the frequency in the object name does not
allow for a frequency in the comment.

;FFF.FFFxy*111111zDDMM.hhN/DDDMM.hhWrT079 R25m NETxxxxxx MTGxxxx...

The sections you are quoting above are from the POSITION COMMENT specification.

As noted before, a 10x10x+ format is used for the POSITION COMMENT

1st 10 bytes
FFF.FFFMHz Freq to nearest 1 KHz

2nd 10 bytes
_FFF.FFFrx Alternate receiver Frequency if not standard offset
_FFF.FFF + Alternate Frequency and standard shift

Lynn, can you show me again where there's the FFF.FFFMHz definition
for the rx frequency in the FREQUENCY OBJECT definition. I've got 3
versions of the freqspec document open and I can't find it...

--
James
VE6SRV