From: aprsisce@... [mailto:aprsisce@...] On Behalf Of Greg Depew
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 16:51
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: RE: [aprsisce] FTM-350 FREQ OBJ problem?

ok new problem aprs32 won't let me name an obj 144.630MHz it stops at the H.

To: aprsisce@...
From: bruninga@...
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 16:41:13 -0400

Lynn said:

> ok, just made a spec approved obj of 144.630 in the name
> and 145.230rx T123 and my 350 will NOT  qsy to it.

That is because 145.530rx is not IAW the spec. The first 10 byte frequency
MUST HAVE "MHz".

Only a second listed alternative repeater INPUT frequency in the "2nd 10
bytes" can be without the MHz.

Bob, WB4APR
---------------------------------------
Greg said:

> My ftm 350 does not decode the qsy that has no rx freq
> in the comment. Example:443.650PA near Pittsburgh shows
> on my list but will not qsy with just the T131 RM50.
> It ignores the object name and parses from the comment.
> All of my objects that i transmit with aprs32 are compliant
> with the 350 and are all qsy-able but I dont know about the kenwoods.

Is this confirmed? This is a problem.. And why we need to build a BUG
table for all these issues.

I too have noticed that the 350 does not seem to QSY on some objects that
appear to me (in the mobile anyway) to be correctly formatted. I just
checked, and I cannot see any problems with the formatting of the 443.650PA
object.

Can the Yaesu firmware can be upgraded in the field?

Bob, Wb4aPR