Re: FTM-350 FREQ OBJ problem?

Robert Bruninga

Lynn said:

ok, just made a spec approved obj of 144.630 in the name
and 145.230rx T123 and my 350 will NOT  qsy to it.
That is because 145.530rx is not IAW the spec. The first 10 byte frequency
MUST HAVE "MHz".

Only a second listed alternative repeater INPUT frequency in the "2nd 10
bytes" can be without the MHz.

Bob, WB4APR
---------------------------------------
Greg said:

My ftm 350 does not decode the qsy that has no rx freq
in the comment. Example:443.650PA near Pittsburgh shows
on my list but will not qsy with just the T131 RM50.
It ignores the object name and parses from the comment.
All of my objects that i transmit with aprs32 are compliant
with the 350 and are all qsy-able but I dont know about the kenwoods.
Is this confirmed? This is a problem.. And why we need to build a BUG
table for all these issues.

I too have noticed that the 350 does not seem to QSY on some objects that
appear to me (in the mobile anyway) to be correctly formatted. I just
checked, and I cannot see any problems with the formatting of the 443.650PA
object.

Can the Yaesu firmware can be upgraded in the field?

Bob, Wb4aPR