Re: FTM-350 FREQ OBJ problem?

Lynn Deffenbaugh

On 5/8/2012 4:18 PM, Greg Depew wrote:
ok, just made a spec approved obj of 144.630 in the name and 145.230rx T123 and my 350 will NOT qsy to it. I also set it up in my qru and received the rest of my 2m obj which all qsy'ed just fine.

What callsign transmitted these so we can actually eyeball the raw packets? And I'm assuming "the rest of my 2m obj" had the frequency at the beginning of the comment for the FTM-350 to work?

Lynn (D) - K4JERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

PS. Note to all: Please sign your messages or at least include a callsign-SSID when referring to a particular station or object.

To: aprsisce@...
From: bruninga@...
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 11:05:56 -0400
Subject: [aprsisce] FTM-350 FREQ OBJ problem?

Greg said:

> My ftm 350 does not decode the qsy that has no rx freq
> in the comment. Example:443.650PA near Pittsburgh shows
> on my list but will not qsy with just the T131 RM50.
> It ignores the object name and parses from the comment.
> All of my objects that i transmit with aprs32 are compliant
> with the 350 and are all qsy-able but I dont know about the kenwoods.

Is this confirmed? This is a problem.. And why we need to build a BUG
table for all these issues.

I too have noticed that the 350 does not seem to QSY on some objects that
appear to me (in the mobile anyway) to be correctly formatted. I just
checked, and I cannot see any problems with the formatting of the 443.650PA
object.

Can the Yaesu firmware can be upgraded in the field?

Bob, Wb4aPR