Re: FTM-350 FREQ OBJ problem?

Greg Depew

ok, just made a spec approved obj of 144.630 in the name and 145.230rx T123 and my 350 will NOT  qsy to it. I also set it up in my qru and received the rest of my 2m obj which all qsy'ed just fine.

To: aprsisce@...
From: bruninga@...
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 11:05:56 -0400
Subject: [aprsisce] FTM-350 FREQ OBJ problem?

Greg said:

> My ftm 350 does not decode the qsy that has no rx freq
> in the comment. Example:443.650PA near Pittsburgh shows
> on my list but will not qsy with just the T131 RM50.
> It ignores the object name and parses from the comment.
> All of my objects that i transmit with aprs32 are compliant
> with the 350 and are all qsy-able but I dont know about the kenwoods.

Is this confirmed? This is a problem.. And why we need to build a BUG
table for all these issues.

I too have noticed that the 350 does not seem to QSY on some objects that
appear to me (in the mobile anyway) to be correctly formatted. I just
checked, and I cannot see any problems with the formatting of the 443.650PA
object.

Can the Yaesu firmware can be upgraded in the field?

Bob, Wb4aPR