Re: QRUW2CXM objects (was: FreqSpec Homework...)

Randy Love

?? before a call means that the D700/7/710/72 decoded the packet, but doesn't understand the format -or- doesn't know what to do with that particular packet. It is better than not flashing a callsign on the screen at all, but not by much. Since that packet from the object doesn't contain a position or the radio doesn't already have a position for the object, it will just ignored the packet, other than the quick flash of the callsign.

WF5X

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 2:32 PM, apenadragon <kc2ant@...> wrote:

it's not even doing that.

The D700 displays an object for the QRUW2CXM as it does for any other object.

The D710 does not show the object. I can see the "??QRUW2CXM" flash in the display of the D710 when the packet comes accross, but it doesn't translate to a displayable object.

Adam
KC2ANT