Re: FREQ OBJECT Uniqueness

Randy Love

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 2:01 PM, James Ewen <ve6srv@...> wrote:

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Randy Love <rlove31@...> wrote:

> If you need 3 digits after the decimal, drop the decimal (i.e.
> 147180MTC).

You can NOT do that, the specification REQUIRES the decimal.

Ah, but see, if it doesn't have a decimal in it, it isn't a FREQ OBJECT, it just becomes a regular object with a position and FREQ COMMENT.

Yes, I understand the current debate and reasoning, but to assume that I was setting up 147180MTC to be a FREQ OBJECT is another reason things can get so confusing.

I'm all for one specification that contains all aspects of the frequency needed to make / use the voice connectivity inclusive, being defined in the comment for the object - whatever object that may be. Sure would simply making repeater objects on digi's!

Randy
WF5X