Re: Cost to be online?

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Fred Hillhouse wrote:
BTW, what phone are you using currently? Actually, I am wondering what
phones others are using as well. Now that I think about it a little
anyway,
maybe it is not a phone. Either way, what are you using?
I personally use an AT&T Tilt Windows Mobile 6 phone. I've got a
windshield mount and mini-USB power for it in the car along with a
portable LioN battery set with 5v regulator for when I go out
geocaching. With the phone's GPS and data connection active, I get
about 2 hours on a full charge. Drop the GPS but keep the data and I
can get about 6 hours. With the two LioN cells regulated, I can run
about 6-8 hours with full GPS and data.

The worst thing I've done to it yet is hook up a 12v lead acid battery
with 5v regulator and ran the phone, data connection, GPS, WiFi, along
with APRSISCE and Navizon for 10 straight hours on a road trip to/from
Atlanta and Clemson University (two separate trips). The phone requires
cooling if you ask it to do that much for that long with the radios
always active!

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ