Re: APRSISCE Sounds...

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Which means something went wrong. I've got the tones reversed and the error turned to warning. I actually like the default sounds the other way, but this is more "standard". I'll be putting out a Development release later today with that fix as my "last gasp" for a while.

On 5/20/2011 4:53 AM, w7boz wrote:
I hear that sound all the time..... Always makes me wonder whats gone wrong now :) But it is always because I loose the APRS-IS feed for a short time.

Kevin
W7BOZ

--- In aprsisce@..., "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)"<kj4erj@...> wrote:
You can test these sounds by unchecking Enables / APRS-IS Enabled and
then re-checking it. I'm suspecting it's the re-connect (bonk) that
you're hearing as the other is just a ding. When anything goes wrong on
a connection, I invoke MessageBeep(MB_ICONHAND) and when things go back
to normal, I use MessageBeep(MB_OK).

However, now that I look at the code, I actually have the condition
backwards! For you "C" programmer's out there, the following is worng,
isn't it?

if (ActiveConfig.Enables.Sound)
MessageBeep(newState?MB_ICONHAND:MB_OK);

Wow, all these years (yes years), and I've had it backwards the whole
time. Expect a revision on this one, but maybe not for 2.5 weeks,
unfortunately.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE/32 and sometimes dyslexic

PS. MessageBeep: http://tinyurl.com/5tqd9aa When I fix it, I might
change from MB_ICONHAND on the error to MB_ICONWARNING, thoughts?

On 5/19/2011 8:26 AM, Doug Ferrell wrote:

Lesse... I know that when the prgm starts, and probably the Quiet Time
expiration is when I hear it. I haven't heard any other sounds, just
the critical stop sound. I'll listen more closely for the "happy
sound" you mentioned.

I have the prgm running on my lappy sitting on my desk at work so I'm
able to monitor it all day.

Mojo