Bluetooth Pairing Problem #bluetooth

Phil Kane

I wrote this to Bridgecom but did not get any useful information. Perhaps someone can give me some.

The Bluetooth Adapter (Receiver) that I need to pair with shows up by name (Esinkin BT Adapter) in both Seek BT and Available BT in the Main Menu > Bluetooth > BT Pairing sub-menu choices but does not show up in the Paired List sub-menu.

I do have a Hearing Aid Device paired to the radio. I did not have any problem pairing that device. It shows up in the Paired List and if I select it I get a message "Next please press dial key." This is not covered in the instructions.

1. How do I get the Esinkin Adapter to show up in the Paired List?. Can the radio pair with more than one device?

2. If it is a type that the radio BT cannot pair with for some reason, is there a preferred adapter that is known to pair so I can play the radio's audio through an amplified speaker? Just in case I have a Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter on order that should show up this weekend.

3. How do I get past the "press dial key" described above when I want to select the Hearing Aid Device which has worked in the past?

I have many years in ham radio and audio so I "speak the language" With thanks for your assistance.

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
Beaverton, OR - USA

g4xcp G4XCP

Hi Phil,
          Bluetooth is a mess, with regard to its ratification
                                and very hit and miss. Bluetooth v5 should let you pair with more than one device according to the ratification (standards agreed) however it is very hit and miss, such as the version suffix  eg version 4. something
extract :-

When considering Bluetooth 5.0 over its’ predecessor Bluetooth 4.2 please remember a few key points:

    I have seen time and time again customers bring products back claiming defective, when in fact its a miss match
    have you tried looking at the bluetooth firmware on both devices
    73 g4xcp

,
[...]

rhughes3@ellijay.com

I have 2 bluetooth speaker mics. One from Otto Communications and the other from Pryme. Both receive like they should but neither will transmit. Why, you ask, do I have 2 of them? I thought the Pryme might be broken so I bought the other one. Now I have $450 of wireless mics that are essentially unusable. Wanted them to use on a fire scene but guess I am back to using wired again. If they ever fix that problem it sure would be nice.
KJ4BJO

[...]

I wish to thank those who posted replies. As I suspected, the BT receiver that I initially tried was non-compatible with the BT in the 878 but the second one that I tried - a no-name "j22" device that claimed BT 5.0 compatibility - worked perfectly as a receiver, as advertised.

Now back to looking for a mic adapter that would permit me to use a "standard" ICOM or Kenwood table mic. I can dream, can't I ??

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest
Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon