Homo is highly mobile and all Waterside Niche should be considered. Continental level.

Gareth et al,
No, waterside is not enough, coastal is not enough, Forests, savannah, all NOT enough to cause our adaptation into a super smart, bipedal, swimming machine that is Homo.  We are and were so mobile we must only think of our adaptation on a continental level.

1. When great apes radiated from Asian Pongo around ~20mya, they went everywhere! The weather was right and the cloud of ancestors representing hundreds of new sub populations in the Miocene. (David Begun, “The real planet of the apes:”). 

2. Once Archaic Homo re-emerges into Asia around 2.4 mya it has been completely unrestrained.  Penetrating every niche, surviving cold, water, wind, Sun.  At 2.4mya homo was so highly mobile it could cross and farm rivers and walk across mountains and Savannahs.  All Archaic homo was a single species, far more capable than any before it. 

3. Viruses (in Africa and Asia) are irresistible. With many types of mammals (not just primates being cross-infected.) It is impossible for homo to be by a waterside, Forest, coast and Savannah in the Old World and not mix genetically with other great apes (sexually) or with other mammals (via viruses)

4. There is only one continent large enough and secluded enough to hold homo for 17-20mya.  That is North America. Which had waterside, coasts, forests.  N.A. was the closest to SE Asia and makes sense logically with a single long contiguous coastline.,  Only a small number of mating pairs would make it there rather than successive clouds making it to Europe, Asia and Africa.  A small one-time seed population was necessary to allow the genetic flexibility to create a new body plan.

5. There, in NA, homo could be unrestrained, far enough north to create winter adaptations.  Yet enough rivers to make it difficult enough to allow a return back to Asia.  Homo needed to be trapped and the entire population needed directional adaptation rightward toward the human body plan. 

6. Hence when archaic homo arrives it is all the same, one highly capable species.  Erectus, denisovan, Neanderthal, HH… all the same.  In just 600ky years homo expands from Asia, claiming new territory with new monogamous pairs, reaching both Africa and Europe by 1.8mya.  Highly mobile. 

7. Archaic Homo adapts regionally, Africans develop darker skin to the massive UV radiation (look at world TOMS map), EXACTLY the same as the unrelated populations in AustralAsia.  Hence dark skin in the southern hemisphere.  Whereas Homo in Europe and Asia keeps a lighter skin because TOMS levels does not select.

8. Self-Domestication yields mass cooperation events, villages and towns which can farm and fish giving protection and sustenance.  Domestication sweeps affect all sub groups even though the core populations don’t move much.   

9. Homo is so mobile it has continued to expand in the last 150,000 years, penetrating the arctic, floating or swimming to islands, making it by foot and boat to North America and South America. 

10. So what happened to the small highly mobile population of Archaic Homo in North America?!?  My guess, it was crushed by a series of events, glaciation in last 2million years, the Rancholabrean extinction of American megafauna, the “black mat” events in the last 25,000 years.  Modern Viruses and pests from modern homo, massive fires, loss of habitat, extinction of dedicated prey animals etc.  https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.0800560105

Conclusion: North America is the most logical allopatric Waterside Niche large enough to house highly mobile homo for 17 to 20 million years and should be considered as the most viable option aquatic niche to solve the puzzle that is our endogenous record and 100+ unique swimming adaptations.  

uv.toms.200011.jpg

-Jack

On Oct 7, 2022, at 1:43 AM, Gareth Morgan <garethmorgan@...> wrote:

they adapted in a wholly separate environment 

i.e. coast, not forest, no? Where we developed our "swimming body plan". On the coast.

G.

From: AAT@groups.io <AAT@groups.io> on behalf of Jack D.Barnes <needininfo@...>
Sent: Friday, October 7, 2022 8:16 AM
To: AAT@groups.io <AAT@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AAT] Fw: GIF

No I do not think homo has been around for 20mya.  I believe the split with chimps was 20+mya and they adapted in a wholly separate environment from all African and All Asian apes, why? Because we have zero shared viruses post Cerv2.  

And those Oldworld (Africa/Asia) great apes have none of our million unique endogenous mobile elements. 

It took 20mya of adaptation to create our swimming body plan.

-Jack

On Sep 21, 2022, at 3:11 AM, Gareth Morgan <garethmorgan@...> wrote:

There is ZERO evidence that homo was ever quadrupedal.

I'm not saying he was. I think the confusion is that you believe Homo has been around for 20 million years. I haven't seen any evidence for that.

Predecessors, like proconsul, were quadrupedal.

I should have clarified that the post was forwarded from my reply to Jack Johnon's GIF.

Maybe you'll agree with him. See what you think.

You can talk to him at   strangetruther@...

Enjoy.

G.

From: AAT@groups.io <AAT@groups.io> on behalf of Jack D.Barnes <needininfo@...>
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 3:03 AM
To: AAT@groups.io <AAT@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AAT] Fw: GIF

Gareth,
Not sure of your point.  There is ZERO evidence that homo was ever quadrupedal.

Fact: Great apes body plan came from Hylobate body plan (which occurred prior to 25mya.)
Hylobates were and are obligatory bipeds.
Homo is an obligatory biped.
Gorilla, Pan and Pongo all developed lumbar stabilization in three different mechanism from a bipedal body plan which featured a flip of transverse process by 22.5mya.

Fact: hylobates have never been in Africa. 

-Jack

On Sep 20, 2022, at 9:35 AM, Gareth Morgan <garethmorgan@...> wrote:

Re: John Jackson's GIF...

Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2022 10:31 PM
To: strangetruther@... <strangetruther@...>
Subject: GIF

I don't really see that any of this has anything at all to do with AAT.

I am open to the idea that gorillas are descended from apiths and that we are not. I think that is now quite widely considered likely.

I am also happy to accept that bipedalism occurred quite early, but I think Aaron Filler, who is the only one claiming to have actual evidence of 20-million-year-old bipeds is probably mistaken. 

His claim is based entirely on one vertebra, which shows identical features to those found in sloths and dolphins, neither of which is bipedal. 

If there is an aquatic connection here, I missed it.

G.

--
Welcome to the Aquatic Ape Theory Discussion Group

--

--

Join AAT@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.