From: AAT@groups.io <AAT@groups.io> on behalf of Nancy Bovee via groups.io <empress9@...>
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2022 11:29 AM
To: AAT@groups.io <AAT@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AAT] Ticks, Hair Loss, and Non-Clinging Babies

My theory has long been that fungal infections drove hairlessness. Features don't evolve to do something. Lethal features kill off those without a less lethal feature - such as hairlessness. but it's still conjecture. Why are some littoral beasts fur covered (i.e. beavers) and others nearly naked (elephants, rhinos, hippos)?

I do think it has something to do with lethality during infancy.

Nancy Bovee

Join AAT@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.