Why did early humans leave so little evidence of their existence?

As I read this article, which mentions human bodies that were buried a long time ago (8,000 years) it gets me to think about the striking lack of early human burial sites. AAT can help explain this: most early humans were probably living along the shore, burying their dead in the ocean. They were not using fire, because they did not need to cook the marine foods they were eating. There must have been some early humans that tried living inland, but there were so few of them that we have practically no evidence of their existence.

How old are the earliest human burials (complete skeletons) and fire pits that are known?

--
AquaticApe.net

Join AAT@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.