Von: DDeden <daud.deden@...>
Datum: 30. März 2021 um 22:38:39 MESZ
An: 1WorldofWords@groups.io
Betreff: [1WorldofWords] AustraliAsians in Amazonia #Genome #Imagine #Maps
Antwort an: 1WorldofWords@groups.io

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/topics/news/e1508906783?cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw%3D%3D&refsrc=email

pnas.org
Deep genetic affinity between coastal Pacific and Amazonian natives evidenced by Australasian...
Different models have been proposed to elucidate the origins of the founding populations of America, along with the number of migratory waves and routes used by these first explorers. Settlements,...

Tábita Hünemeier

@hunemeier_t

·

23h

Our paper showing widespread distribution of Australasian ancestry in South America, and the likely arrived of this signal by Pacific Coast, is out in

@PNASNews

! Thanks to all collaborators

Deep genetic affinity between coastal Pacific and Amazonian natives evidenced by Australasian ancestry

 View ORCID ProfileMarcos Araújo Castro e Silva, Tiago Ferraz, Maria Cátira Bortolini,  View ORCID ProfileDavid Comas, and  View ORCID ProfileTábita Hünemeier

 See all authors and affiliations

PNAS April 6, 2021 118 (14) e2025739118; https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.2025739118

Edited by Elsa M. Redmond, American Museum of Natural History, New York, NY, and approved February 17, 2021 (received for review December 14, 2020)

Figures & SI

Info & Metrics

 PDF

Abstract

Different models have been proposed to elucidate the origins of the founding populations of America, along with the number of migratory waves and routes used by these first explorers. Settlements, both along the Pacific coast and on land, have been evidenced in genetic and archeological studies. However, the number of migratory waves and the origin of immigrants are still controversial topics. Here, we show the Australasian genetic signal is present in the Pacific coast region, indicating a more widespread signal distribution within South America and implicating an ancient contact between Pacific and Amazonian dwellers. We demonstrate that the Australasian population contribution was introduced in South America through the Pacific coastal route before the formation of the Amazonian branch, likely in the ancient coastal Pacific/Amazonian population. In addition, we detected a significant amount of interpopulation and intrapopulation variation in this genetic signal in South America. This study elucidates the genetic relationships of different ancestral components in the initial settlement of South America and proposes that the migratory route used by migrants who carried the Australasian ancestry led to the absence of this signal in the populations of Central and North America.

Join AAT@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.