Topics

Whip out those whips and eggbeaters...

Michael Callaham

...antennas, that is--to listen for Amateur Radio aboard International
Space Station (ARISS) Automatic Packet Reporting System (APRS)
transmitted signals on 145.825 MHz FM. My GNOME Predict software
predicts a low pass starting 19:24:00 UTC (3:24 pm EDT) and lasting 8
minutes and 36 seconds, then a higher pass, reaching 71 degrees
elevation, starting 20:59:01 UTC (4:59:01 pm EDT), rising at an azimuth
of 235.02 degrees and setting at an azimuth of 50.27 degrees at 21:09:43
UTC (5:09:43 pm EDT).

You may view recent ARISS APRS signals that have been received on Earth
and gatewayed to the Internet at <http://ariss.net>.

Then set your alarm device to tune into the 145.47 MHz repeater at 7 pm
to hear Amateur Radio Newsline, and, when it ends, to check into the
Arlington County Net.

73,
--NW3V
--
Science matters. Matter matters.
Energy matters, including dark energy.

Paul Wilson KI4PW

It seems the ISS digipeater has not been heard from for quite some time.

https://www.issfanclub.com/packet-reports

Good news is there are plenty of other satellites you can work, and have actual QSOs.

A resource I use is n2yo.com for tracking purposes.

SO-50 (aka Saudisat 1C) is a popular one.

http://www.n2yo.com/satellite/?s=27607

73, KI4PW / Paul