Topics

13 Colonies Special Event

Paul Wilson KI4PW

The 13 Colonies special event is now running through 0400 UTC on July 8 (midnight local time). It's a lot of fun, and you can learn a lot by chasing propagation across the bands. Work all original thirteen states, plus the two bonus stations for a "clean sweep."

http://www.13colonies.net

So far I have 11 states, plus WM3PEN in Philadelphia, on a mixture of SSB, CW, and FT8.

The ones that are eluding me: K2D (Conn.), K2J (NC), and the GB13COL bonus station. The pileups on SSB are formidable. Probably my best chance is to catch them on CW. The pileups on CW are smaller and more "civilized." Also, later in the event the pileups will diminish.

Happy Hunting, and Happy Fourth!