Amateur Radio Newsline as text after the net

kd9xb

Tuesday evening at 7 pm, I will transmitting the Amateur Radio Newsline audio on the 145.47 repeater, with the Arlington ARC Net following.

After the net, I will transmit Amateur Radio Newline as *text* in the PSK250RC6 mode. At 1320 wpm, the entire Newsline will be transmitted in less than the 2:15 time-out of the repeater.

If you want to decode the text, use Fldigi for PCs (Windows, Mac, Linux) or TIVAR or AndFlmsg for Android devices.

The free software/apps can be downloaded form ...

http://www.w1hkj.com/files/

or

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fldigi/files/

(TIVAR is in a folder under AndFlmsg. TIVAR is receive/decode only, thus simpler.)

Use a patch cord to get audio from your transceiver to your PC or Android. Or an interface such a SignaLink. Or simply place the mic of the Android or computer near your radio's speaker (acoustic coupling).

In Fldigi, turn on RxID, and it will detect the mode and center audio frenquency (~1500 Hz).

Kim

KD9XB

Join AARC-PUBLIC@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.