Querying facility management teams: Document preservation and debris removal for cultural collections

Berry, Vicky

In the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy, my graduate student and I recently applied for and received a small travel grant from the National Hazards Center,

related to the study of facility management and disaster recovery:

Querying facility management teams: Document preservation and debris removal for cultural collections

Responding to Preferred Topics:

Vital, cultural, and historic record preservation

Debris removal and disposal

Via this email I am requesting your assistance.

We plan to contact libraries, art galleries, art museums, other types of museums, performing arts facilities, theaters, universities, etc. in and around the New York City area.

We especially want to talk to the persons who manage the facilities so that I may setup data collection there (questionnaire and focus group).

If you happen to have any contacts at such facilities, that you are willing to share I would really appreciate it.

Since it is a “quick response” grant,

I hope you can send the contact info at your earliest convenience.

Thank you so very much for your consideration.

Paulette R. Hebert, Ph.D.

Professor

Department of Design, Housing and Merchandising

College of Human Sciences

Oklahoma State University

429D Human Sciences

Stillwater, OK  74078-6142

405-744-9931

paulette.hebert@...

Fax: 405-744-6910

http://www.dhm.okstate.edu

Victoria Rowe Berry, Director

Oklahoma State University Museum of Art

508 Scott Hall | Stillwater, OK 74078

405-744-2780 | Cell: 435-881-7077 | Fax: 405-744-1070

museum.okstate.edu

Join AAMG@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.