Re: Diverse + inclusive acquisitions policies?

Jane Becker Nelson

Hi Claire,

Thanks for posing this question to the AAMG group. We're also ready to integrate what has been an unofficial push in recent years on a policy level, but have not yet approached the language of our accessions policy. I'm interested to see the results you compile. I hope you'll share your findings.

Jane
Jane Becker Nelson
Director & Curator | Flaten Art Museum
St. Olaf College
Office: 507.786.3556
1520 St. Olaf Avenue Northfield, MN 55057

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 9:46 AM Kovacs, Claire <clairekovacs@...> wrote:
Dear All,

As the Augustana Teaching Museum of Art lives into its new strategic framework (available here, for anyone interested), we are looking to write an acquisitions policy that centers diverse and inclusive collecting practices. Can anyone share their policy and/or know of any policies that we could look at as examples? I know that museums like the Baltimore Museum of Art are making this turn, but am not sure if any organizations have incorporated this at a policy level.

My thanks, in advance, for any leads you might be able to provide.

All the best,

--
Claire L. Kovacs, PhD
Pronouns: she/her/hers