Defining our Roles and Managing Expectations

Casey Mathern

The William Paterson University Galleries is establishing an art on campus collection, and staff would value your insights about some of the practical and ethical gray areas that academic museums and galleries encounter as we define our roles within our academic institutions and navigate other departments' expectations. We would like to share the results with the AAMG community to provide our peers with a baseline of current approaches for providing interactions with art and culture beyond our walls while remaining true to our missions and our industry's best practices. Here is the link to the survey, and many thanks in advance for joining the conversation.

Respectfully,
Casey Mathern

--

Casey Mathern

Curator of Visual Resources and Collections Manager

University Galleries

William Paterson University

300 Pompton Road

Wayne, NJ 07470
mathernc@...

(973) 720-3283

*By participating in this survey, you acknowledge and accept the following: Users of this listserv agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless, AAMG and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, and agents against all loss, claims, demands, causes of action, liabilities, expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs arising from any claim arising out of or resulting from in whole or part any breach of these guidelines by the user or any omission or act taken by the user. In no event will AAMG be responsible to the users for any indirect, consequential, special or punitive damages or losses users may incur in connection with the AAMG listserv (and any survey data collected or disseminated) or any of the data or other materials transmitted through or residing on the listserv.

Join AAMG@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.