Group DescriptionThe 4L List, The Loyal Legion of Logged-on Loggers; dedicated to the dissemination of information regarding logging prototypes and models. We cover all aspects of the industry, from actual logging, to sawmilling and their attendant railroads; in other words, anything of interest to logging fans. The dates we cover are roughly 1800 to present. We cover all areas of the world as well, as most areas had logging, in fact, it would appear only Antarctica is off limits to us!
I am certain most comments will regard modeling or history topics associated with logging railroads in general, but hopefully we will not be limited to that alone. Dig out info on the operation nearest to you, and share it with us all. I assure you we will have many interesting discussions down the road. As a starter, please send in a short bio; a sort of roll call so we all know who we are. List your interests, your modeling scale (if applicable), your favorite era -- whatever it may be.
The thundering exhaust of a Shay, Heisler, Climax or rod lokie as it struggles to haul the loads to the mill; the rhythmic chuff of a steam donkey yarder or loader as it's puncher "gives her the snoose"; the hard work of the choker setter in the brush; the Bull 'o the Woods yelling "daylight in the swamp"! If you understood this paragraph, you will want to join.
- 2 Members
- 0 Topics
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their posts.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]