Dromax ZM101P Tablet #software #android

Marek KUREK

 Hello everybody,

Before anything... All the best in this New Year 🥳🍾🥂

My question is:

Has anyone the knowledge what is the most suitable software to view MPO files from FINEPIX W3 or Lumix cameras on this tablet ? And where to purchase it ?
All the software installed on my tablet has expired and doesn't work anymore 😓

Maybe somebody know how to reactivate it or purchase the updates ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Marek

Robert Mcafee

What tablet? Android or iOS operating system?

For Android get 3DSteroid less than $5 US and does not expire. For iOS get i3DSteroid less than $5. Basically the same program and both from the programmer for Stereo Photo Maker for PC computer (SPM is free).

All the above programs will allow a choice for viewing including anaglyph color, anaglyph black and white, parallel view or cross eyed view. Open the mpo file and simply choose your viewing format. Click to change viewing format for the same stereo pair with having to modify or re-save the image.

By the way, what apps were you using that expired?

On Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 1:31 PM, Marek KUREK via groups.io <marek.kurek@...> wrote:

 Hello everybody,

Before anything... All the best in this New Year 🥳🍾🥂

My question is:

Has anyone the knowledge what is the most suitable software to view MPO files from FINEPIX W3 or Lumix cameras on this tablet ? And where to purchase it ?
All the software installed on my tablet has expired and doesn't work anymore 😓

Maybe somebody know how to reactivate it or purchase the updates ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Marek

Depthcam

> What tablet?

It's in the subject line: Dromax ZM101P

The problem with the Dromax (as far as I remember) is it has an oblique barrier so that none of the usual 3D apps we use on the more traditional glasses-free tablets will work with it.

I think some members of the SCF have tested these... Pierre, Laurent. François L...  Any suggestions ?

Francois

Pierre MEINDRE

Hello,

That's correct, the Dromax has an oblique parallax barrier so that most stereoscopic apps like 3DSteroid cannot be used.

At the french stereo club some people have bought a Dromax including myself.
We were lured into this by a guy and his company "Nouvel Espace Display" who was promoting (even on the french national television!) a tablet with a straight barrier.
He lent us a model so we can test it and was proposing a reduced price for the club members but delivery was very long and when the tablet eventually arrived it wasn't the same model and every orders weren't fulfilled neither...

Anyway here are the compatible apps for this tablet:
- 3D Gallery and 3DPlayer, these are the apps supplied with the tablet, these now crash on mine...
- Tridef 3D Gallery : ok
- 3DVPlayerHD : works well for videos (select "Local" at the bottom of the screen)
- 3DPView : tries to access on-line pictures and fails. You have to select the "local image" tab on the left then works for stills including MPOs.

As I was saying 3DSteroid is not working and my app Stereoscope neither.
At the time I have tried to replicate the slanted interlacing but haven't succeeded, but the app is nonetheless switching the parallax barrier on and off!
My little app "Gadmei3D Activator" also activates the slanted parallax barrier too.

Pierre.