Awards News, November 27, 2020

Ben Goldfarb

Greetings, 3905ers!

I hope you all had a very happy Thanksgiving, with or without the usual
visits and visitors. This year has been rough for all of us, but if you're
reading this, you have a lot to be thankful for! Hang in there and stay
healthy!

After listing the awards, I'll tell you about a change in the Ninth Area
awards organization.

Holiday weeks tend to be easy ones for your awards secretary, and this was
no exception. Three awards and they all went to one distinguished member in
the eighth area. No new members this week.

EIGHTH CALL AREA
*RALPH MITCHELL, KG8WL *(Master #71, Eighth Area Director), of Colon, MI
(Magic Capital of the World), earned two Quarter Master Awards. On 75M SSB
(ONLY), he earned Certificate #115 at Level 25. On 40M SSB (ONLY), Ralph
earned Certificate #116 at Level 25, then endorsed it to Level 50. He can't
yet get to Level 75 because we have only 74 Masters to date.
Congratulations, Ralph!

And that is all for this week, awardswise!

NINTH AREA AWARDS MANAGER CHANGE
*MIKE POYSER, KR9G,* has been appointed as Ninth Area Awards manager. His
contact information is now posted on the club website. We thank Mike for
his volunteer spirit and welcome him as he joins a great group of hard
working Awards Managers!

*DAVE CZERNIAK, KE9OI,* steps down after serving in this capacity for 18
years. Dave was also an excellent Ninth Area Director and Club Vice
President. As one of our mainstays, he leaves big shoes to fill. As many of
you are aware, Dave has been undergoing treatment for serious health issues
for quite a while. He just felt it was time to hang up the awards pencil
and retire. Please join me in recognizing Dave for his major contributions
to the Club and its awards system. He is an unforgettable character who
deserves not to be forgotten.

NOMINATIONS AND ELECTIONS -- OBLIGATORY REMINDERS
In this cycle, we elect odd-numbered plus DX area directors, along with the
Vice President.

Nominations for Area Director are handled by self-nominating on one of our
nets during the nomination period, which runs from November 1 through
November 30, 2020. (That's MONDAY, folks -- so hurry up!)

Vice Presidential candidates must be nominated by their own Area Director
at the regularly scheduled Board meeting in December. All must meet the
minimum requirements of membership (via a 100-point award certificate on
any one of our nets) in good standing. Candidates for Area Director must
reside in the area they desire to serve.

Please note that while we have one candidate for the office of Vice
President, we need a minimum of two to conduct a valid election. If we do
not have two candidates, we will have to do this all over again until we
get it right, per the bylaws. So, please consider throwing your hat in the
proverbial ring. Contact your area director to state your intentions prior
to the December 12, 2020 meeting!

For more information on procedures, qualifications, duties, and
responsibilities, please see the Bylaws on the Club website.

The election period will be January 1 - January 15, 2021, and newly elected
officers will assume their offices for a two-year term on March 1, 2021.
Further information from the Election Committee posted on the club website
<http://www.3905ccn.com/>;.

Be well and 73 until next week! (Please keep those typo reports rolling in!)

Respectfully submitted,

Ben - AE4NT
Awards Secretary

Join 3905Checkins@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.