Topics

Ground School

Bob Walden

FFI GROUND SCHOOL Tomorrow....

Hello RVators....
As Bulldog mentioned, ground school will be held following the all-hands meeting at 1500 tomorrow for all pilots without an FFI card.

For Everyone attending the clinic, I've attached a highlighted copy of "Changes and Common Errors" for your review.  These are emphasis items that were briefed at the FFI meeting in Oshkosh....  Beware... If you make these errors at the clinic, you'll be buying the beers!

For Ground School Attendees, I recommend downloading and bringing a PRINTED copy of the latest FFI Formation Guide (attached) for your reference during the clinic.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow

Waldo
Falcon RV Squadron, KFFC

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 11:08 AM GERALD LOYD <gwloyd@...> wrote:

All pilots without an FFI card are required to attend the ground school at 3:00 PM Friday Oct. 5th.  There have been a lot of changes in our flight procedures and FFI operations with more coming on Jan 1st 2019.  The easiest way to keep up with the changes is to attend the ground school, so I recommend card holders attend the school also.

Thanks

Bulldog

Frank Brewer

Waldo,

I'm looking forward to this weekend and getting my checkride.

A couple of questions:

Where is the ground school being held?

Where on the ramp should we park, and where is the hangar for our beloved RVs?

Bogie

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 9:16 AM Bob Walden <rsw777@...> wrote:
[...]

GERALD LOYD

Bulldog here,  the ground school & flight operations will happen at the terminal.  The planes will be hangared in the northern most WWII hangar.  I know you have a check ride recommendation so check with Greese & Waldo before putting your plane in the hanger.

On Oct 4, 2018, at 9:32 AM, Frank Brewer <fbrewer170@...> wrote:

[...]

How do you get to the group.io site with the documents.  Can’t find a link.  Bill

[...]

Jerry Homsley

Hit the “Groups.io” then open the drop down.

Jerry Homsley
Airshow Narrator

On Oct 4, 2018, at 9:01 PM, Bill Schlatterer <BillSchlatterer@...> wrote:

[...]

Sara Works

Bill,

I’ll have copies of everything but the manual.

Sara
870.543.9933

On Oct 4, 2018, at 9:11 PM, Mark Burns <burnsm57@...> wrote:

[...]

Randal Warren

Bill
Go to  ffi.aero
All the manuals plus other info.

On Oct 4, 2018, at 9:39 PM, Bill Schlatterer <BillSchlatterer@...> wrote:

Shoulda’known  :--)

[...]

Perky

Bulldog,
With great disappointment, I will not be making it to Pine Bluff. My flight path from Green Bay through the northern half of Illinois has forecasts the next 24 hours of ceilings from 300 to 800 feet with no apparent chance of improvement. A return on Sunday even looks sketchy.
Looks like your weather will be hot and clear. Have fun.

I will be releasing my room at Hampton if anyone would like to transfer there.

Brian Perkovich

On Oct 4, 2018, at 10:16 PM, Randal Warren <randalwarren@...> wrote:

[...]

Frank Smidler

Sorry to hear. I'm crossing my fingers I can get back on Sunday.

On Fri, Oct 5, 2018, 7:09 AM Perky <brianperkovich@...> wrote:
[...]

Greg Reese

You’ll see.  In front of main terminal.

Thanx, Greg

On Oct 4, 2018, at 10:32 AM, Frank Brewer <fbrewer170@...> wrote:

[...]

Matt Cheely

I’m calling out as well, weather won’t let me get past southern Ohio.

- Matt Cheely

On Oct 5, 2018, at 8:22 AM, Greg Reese <Gj.reese@...> wrote:

[...]

We will miss you.  You were going to be my star safety pilot.😜
Bulldog

On Oct 5, 2018, at 7:19 AM, Frank Smidler <smidler57@...> wrote:

[...]

Ryan Allen

I’m out too.
Ryan

On Oct 5, 2018, at 8:53 AM, Matt Cheely <matt@...> wrote:

[...]

julianshog@...

I'm disappointed to say the weather just won't clear up enough to let me attend. I was so looking forward to learning to fly formation. Is there a way someone could record the ground school and post it for those of us who couldn't attend? Also if there is anyone in the Kansas area that could help a rookie learn, I would be interested. Thanks Julian

Gary Stewart

Waited 6 hours to leave special VFR. An hour from KPBF now (1454)

On Oct 5, 2018, at 11:13 AM, julianshog via Groups.Io <julianshog@...> wrote:

I'm disappointed to say the weather just won't clear up enough to let me attend. I was so looking forward to learning to fly formation. Is there a way someone could record the ground school and post it for those of us who couldn't attend? Also if there is anyone in the Kansas area that could help a rookie learn, I would be interested. Thanks Julian

Perky

Yeah, we all know how well that worked. Four months of hassle that’s still is not over. I have to get to Mena one of these days to have them line up the elevators which they didn’t do properly during the repair.
If I serve as safety pilot can we put my RV in a hangar under lock and key?⚔️⛓

I hope to make it to Petit Jean. Hope to see you there and fly a little formation.
Perky

powered by Cellcom

On Oct 5, 2018, at 08:26, GERALD LOYD <gwloyd@...> wrote:

[...]

That’s an easy fix. Don’t waste the time bringing it to Mena. Any shop in town can do it. Let’s check it at Petit Jean.

Bill Schlatterer

On Oct 5, 2018, at 5:48 PM, Perky <brianperkovich@...> wrote: