Topics

After Action Report

GERALD LOYD

We just had one of the best clinics I have been to.  There were 29 pilots and a few guest.  The weather was very good and the food was excellent.  Bad weather across the mid west caused a few cancellations and we missed you guys.  Safely flying formation is our goal and we did a lot of it.

I want to congratulate Dean Marvin (Gumby), Dave Romuald (Torque), Frank Brewer (Bogie), and Scott Sundstrom for passing their Wingman check rides.  Also David Grover deserves recognition for passing his Flight Lead check ride.  FFI Cards are not easy to earn.  Good job guys.

We had 3 Red Scary new formation pilots (Brian Freeman, Rajiv Chalasani, & Jim Ivey) solo in 2 ship flights.  I hope you continue to progress up the FFI ladder to eventually earn a formation card.  You will enjoy the journey.

We need to thank all of the people that made this possible.  Doug Hale (airport manager) and his staff did a great job taking care of our every need and allowed us to have full use of their facilities.

The EAA Chapter volunteers are just wonderful.  Sara Works our chapter president worked continuously all weekend to be sure we were taken care of and she got some good photos & videos that she will share.  Bruce Rogers, Richard Swartz and his lovely wife were the main cooks.  They did a fantastic job.  A week ago we had a hangar clean up day and there were even more volunteers there .  Thanks for the support .

I want to thank Cassandra Shaw, head of the Pine Bluff Transit department for furnishing our bus transportation.  The drivers were courteous and on time.  We appreciate your help.

Greg Reese (Greese) our check pilot and all up flight lead came a long way to help & provide guidance when needed.  Thank you to the Flight Leads & Safety Pilots too.  You came at your own expense and didn't complain about what ever flight assignment you were given.  The FFI family is better off for your effort.

I know I left out someone, so forgive me.

Thanks Again

Bulldog

You said  << I know I left out someone, so forgive me. >> and you sure as heck did!  How about a big thanks to the one and only Bulldog for putting this thing together and making it a memorable weekend for everyone involved.   You next assignment is to take care of the weather for Petit Jean!

Slats(ReCard)Bill  :--)

[...]

Steve Dee

Hey Bulldog-

What a great flying weekend! Thanks for getting me in early to qualify for solo and enjoy the fun. As I look back on my Tactical Air days, I realize that it has indeed been awhile since I did much formation flying, and the last 15 years of that were always as a Flight Lead/Package Commander. So, it was good for me to be back on the wing again. Please let me know when you guys are flying, and I will do my best to get over to join you-I would love to progress in my skill level and get FFI carded so as to participate in package formations when and where needed.

I have been coordinating soaring contests out in Utah for many years, and know very well what it takes to put together an event like this past weekend. Bravo Zulu (HUAH!) for all your efforts-the meals, the transport, and the flying all combined to make a fantastic return for me back into formation fun. My only question is-how did you make the weather so good for us? (I wish I had that kind of clout!)

Take care-Steve

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 8:46 PM GERALD LOYD <gwloyd@...> wrote:

[...]

Greg Reese

Steve you’re welcome to come fly with us in Peachtree City.
Greese

On Oct 8, 2018, at 10:50 PM, Steve Dee <goflysteve@...> wrote:

[...]

dromuald509@...

Bulldog,

Great event. Bang for the buck would be impossible to beat. Muchos Gracias to your entire team & volunteers for orchestrating the clinic. I appreciate all of the planning and effort that went into this, it ran like clockwork!

Bravo!

Torque

[...]

Frank Brewer

Bullddog and Support Team,

Thanks so much for such an enjoyable weekend.  The Pine Bluff facility is perfect for this event.  Torque nailed it when he said "Bang for the Buck".  You and your team offered a lot, and delivered more than offered!

I don't know how you pulled off the weather - but your connections must be strong!

I plan to be back next year!

Bogie

[...]

I said I probably left someone out that needs to be recognized.  Well I forgot to thank Bob & Linda Connor, our Air Boss & Bossett.  They own an RV-7 and Bob has been through a clinic at PBF before.  They came down from North Little Rock Friday to helped with registration and also acted as a buffer between us & the FAA.  Then they came down again on Saturday to provide Air Boss services for us. The FAA decided if CapConn was going to be on duty there was no reason to send anyone else.

Thanks a lot Bob.