18th Century Worlds 18thCWorlds@groups.io
Eighteenth Century Worlds: the long 18th century (1660 to 1830), its literature, music and art, society and culture. An informal seminar, a locus amoenus in cyberspace.
2015 Poldark - Tomlinson as Demelza Singing
Welcome to 18th century worlds. The purpose of this list is to provide a space for a community of people who are interested in all things in the long 18th century (1660-1830): politics, history, literature, arts, music, society and culture. I also welcome readers and viewers of historical fiction and romance and films set in the 18th century. I ask that everyone use his or her real name, provide a brief introduction, and behave courteously. We can have group readings or watching (of films) and discussions. If and when we do, I hope to do it in a relaxed manner, without a volunteer system for posting summaries on chapters or policing spoiler warnings. Books written in the 19th through 21st centuries about or set in the 18th century, or time-traveling tales are part of our terrain. I would like everyone who decides to subscribe to regard this space as somewhere to talk about what you have experienced and enjoy about this period.
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their posts.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.