From: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io> on behalf of w3gwm via Groups.Io <w3gwm@...>
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 8:31:41 AM
To: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io>
Subject: [070Club] Where were you?

Where was everybody this weekend? Working the RTTY Contest? I called CQ on 40 and 20 and only made 2 contacts. I even tried the low end of 30.

David, K9DWR

* w3gwm via Groups.Io <w3gwm=ptd.net@groups.io> [2020-02-10 09:31]:

Where was everybody this weekend? Working the RTTY Contest? I called CQ on
40 and 20 and only made 2 contacts. I even tried the low end of 30.
Cleaning the in-laws' house. One is fairly immobile and the other's in the hospital. :-(

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@...

Rick - N7WE

At this QTH, the PSK portion of 20, 40, and 80 was overwhelmed with RTTY contesters.  Lots of them run full legal limit which makes PSK virtually impossible - even with the 400 Hz. roofing filter engaged.  I was able to get one QSO both Friday and Saturday to keep the daily run going.  Last night after the contest ended it was easy to make a PSK QSO.  Gentlemen's agreement band plan notwithstanding, RTTY is legal in our portion of the band, so it is just grin and bear it until the contest is over.  One thing I didn't see though was FT-8 in our segments!
--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

Jim K5SP

Trying to create API's to access the members spreadsheet, then writing some python code to access the data.  Very frustrating.  However, finally got it working this morning.

David Rock, Stan Robinson, Rick Butz and I are working hard on trying to get the endorsement checker, contest checker (David has a great new one ready for the Valentines Sprint), and other files in place prior to Google deprecating their APIs.  Getting this working is important as all our club data is maintained in a google docs spreadsheet, and also on hamclubs.info.  To keep the club going we need to get API's working, obtain independence from hamclubs.into and maintain everything until such time as it can all be assimilated into a database.

The 070 Club will survive, but progress is slow, be patient with all of us.

73,

Jim K5SP

On 2/10/2020 8:31 AM, w3gwm via Groups.Io wrote:

Where was everybody this weekend? Working the RTTY Contest? I called CQ on 40 and 20 and only made 2 contacts. I even tried the low end of 30.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I sure appreciate all the work that so many folks are putting in to keep the club going.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Feb 10, 2020, at 8:57 AM, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

[...]

KB3RAN 1692/381

Thanks for all the hard work you folks are doing to keep the club alive.  I appreciate it.  I really like the contests and endorsements.  Chasing 366 now.  Still have about 50 days to catch; most of January when I travel a lot.

Dave H
KB3RAN
1692/381

--