Topics

Valentine Sprint – Heads Up ! One week away...

stan robinson

The Ø7Ø Club Valentine Sprint is just 1 week away –

Friday, February 14 – 0000 UTC (Thursday, February 13 – 7:00 p.m. EST)

Friday, February 14 – 2359 UTC (Saturday February 14 – 6:59 p.m. EST)

Sprint Rules – Work a 6 hour block of your choice. For Scoring, your 6 hour block will start with the hour you select on the Scoring page and continue for the next 6 hours

Work each station once per band. (Same station, same band is a dupe!)

Open to all licensed radio amateurs. Using 40M, 80M, 160M

For Rules and detailsClick Here: Valentine-Sprint-Rules

2 Entry Categories:

Male:     OM

Female: YL

4 Power Categories:

QRP < 5 W
Low < 25 W
Medium < 50 W
High < 100 W (See Rules)

Exchange:
 Callsign,  Name,  OM or YL and  State/Province/Country (SPC)

Example: “K7PAX  Paula  YL  WA”

Call: “CQ 070 Valentine Sprint”

All entry logs
 must be received within 1 week after the event ends.

Due to the on-line Scorer not performing correctly, the contest will be scored manually. Log Upload instruction provided on Rules page.

With 3 bands to choose from, you can optimize your luck with propagation. It is helpful to post your intentions to QSY on the Reflector. Also, be sure to use PSKReporter and to Spot calls seen.

If you do not yet have the TOP BAND (work 20 on 160M) or the 88 Tri-Band (3 YL on 3 Bands) Endorsements, this Contest gives you an excellent chance to grab both.

73,

Stan

W9SMR - 070  #1611

PODXS 070 - PR Director

Steve R

Awesome. I’ve been waiting for a USB CAT cable for FT817. Its apparently coming on a slow boat from
China....four weeks now. Hope it will be here before next week.
I want to try QRP for first time.

Steve
2301

On Feb 6, 2020, at 09:48, stan robinson <robinstan@...> wrote:

[...]

<ValentineSprint-Logo.jpg>

73,

Stan

W9SMR - 070  #1611

PODXS 070 - PR Director

Paula K7PAX #1739

Heh – you used me for the example! I’m flattered! I will be on that day – last year was my 25th Wedding anniversary so I was celebrating. This year we are celebrating a day early to avoid the crowds, so I’ll be home to work the Sprint. Unfortunately, unlike past years when I had the hexbeam, I will only be able to work 40 meters, and with a quick stick dipole in a fixed position just 10 feet off the ground. I should be able to get some of you though – I will sure give it the old college try! I will try to be on as much as possible during operating hours to give out as many YL points as possible. Good luck everyone!

Shouldn’t the end time be Friday February 14 – 6:59 p.m. EST?

Paula, K7PAX #1739