Topics

RESULTS - TRIPLE PLAY LOW BAND SPRINT – 2019

stan robinson

RESULTS - TRIPLE PLAY LOW BAND SPRINT – 2019

NOTE: We are deeply indebted to Rick, N7WE, who manually scored this contest because the online Scoring is not currently working. Thank you Rick!!

This year there were 25 logs submitted - down from last year’s 29 logs. There were 6 High Power, 13 Medium Power, 6 Low Power and no QRP logs. The average number of QSOs was 23.

Top Dawg and 1st in Medium Power was Lee, N5SLY of Sherman, TX, with 50 QSOs and 1564 points. Another stellar showing from Lee who finishes near the top in most of our contests.

Medium Power
– Second Place
was grabbed by Jeff, W3WMU, of Sturgis, MS and Third Place went to Stan, W9SMR, of Sarasota, FL.

High Power
- First place
was Steve, VA3TPS of Fenelon Falls, ON, with 39 QSOs and 1045 points. Steve has been cleaning up in contests lately.

High Power
- Second Place was KF3AA of Harrisburg, PA. Third place was Bob, KK6KMU of Oceanside, CA.

Low Power
– First
Place was Keith, N9VEL of Temple, GA with 26 QSOs and 736 points.

Low Power
- Second Place, was Alan, KA5VZG of Puryear, TN. Third Place went to Steve, W3HF, Collegeville, PA.

The new “All Amateurs Welcome” policy continues to enhance our overall experience. A Special Thank You is due to Charles, VA3TTB of Holland Landing, ON, who passed out 16 QSOs to 070 members. We hope to see his application to join us soon!

Note that the Top Dawg Certificate and Rollo Dog Tag will be reserved exclusively for members.

Thanks to all who submitted logs. Stickers will be in the next mailing.  Complete results as manually calculated by Rick, N7WE, are shown in the attached WORD document.

It is not too early to start thinking about your participation in the next PODXS 070 Event.

DOUBLEHEADER – Triple Play Low Band Sprint

This is a Three Day Contest, 72 hours

Second Saturday in December

Saturday, December 14 - 0000 UTC

(Friday, December 13 - 7:00 p.m. EST)

to Second Monday in December

Monday, December 16 - 2359 UTC

(Monday, December 16 - 6:59 p.m. EST)

 See Rules at:     DOUBLEHEADER Rules

73,

Stan
W9SMR - 070  #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director

K8TOM

Wow! Thanks for the extra effort Rick (and Stan).  Very much appI couldn't conjure up many contacts but it's great to at least get a mention.

73 to all,
Tom
K8TOM
815

Jim K5SP

Thanks to all who participated in this contest.

These results show that the team that is doing what it takes to keep the 070 club intact is working, and, with patience by all we will survive!  A big thank you to all the volunteers, especially N7WE for going beyond the call of duty to process the logs and calculate the results.

Jim K5SP

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

JEFF WALSH

Many thanks to all the members who are going the extra mile to keep the Club going.

Jeff #1673
W3WMU

On Nov 19, 2019, at 9:55 AM, stan robinson <robinstan@...> wrote:

[...]

<Results-Triple Play Low Band Sprint - 2019.docx>

David, K9DWR

* stan robinson <robinstan@...> [2019-11-19 07:55]:
*RESULTS - TRIPLE PLAY LOW BAND SPRINT – 2019*

*NOTE: We are deeply indebted to Rick, N7WE, who manually scored this contest
because the online Scoring is not currently working. Thank you Rick!!*
Great job, guys. Hopefully that won't be the case for too long.

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@...

1470

Thanks Stan and Rick
I would have swore I uploaded to the scorer on Nov10.
I usually do so immediately but I see some issues with it when I look now.
Oh well those seven Qs were nothing to brag about.
cheers
barry

Rick - N7WE

Barry-
Sorry if I missed you because I know you were in the contest!  We worked!  Which was very unusual as here lately Florida - Vancouver BC has not been exactly a pipe line!  The scoring was done from the logs submitted and showing on the Contest Scorer site.  Unfortunately, it does not show a log having come in from you.  Given some of the problems lately, it is hard to say what happened.  But Double Header is coming soon!  Hope to work you in that one too! 73,
--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

1470

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 05:45 PM, Rick - N7WE wrote:
Barry-
Sorry if I missed you because I know you were in the contest!  We worked!  Which was very unusual as here lately Florida - Vancouver BC has not been exactly a pipe line!  The scoring was done from the logs submitted and showing on the Contest Scorer site.  Unfortunately, it does not show a log having come in from you.  Given some of the problems lately, it is hard to say what happened.  But Double Header is coming soon!  Hope to work you in that one too! 73,
--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602
Rick