Topics

Near disaster

Jerry N9AVY

A few weeks ago I spent a bunch of hours creating a searchable file on Open Office spreadsheet. All the 070 members I had worked were listed with a yellow background and I could search file in Alpha-numeric order.  For me with my limited computer skills it was a great accomplishment.

So this morning I went to check a couple stations I had worked and the stupid software asked me for my name, so I foolishly did so.   To my horror when I went to access database, everything was gone !!!   Got that feeling of panic ,  nausea and that sinking feeling.   Several attempts were unsuccessful.   Finally, out of desperation, I checked for the file and managed to find it …oh joy !!!

Not exactly sure what happened, but I did manage to recover file by “dumb luck”. Now to put it someplace really safe.

There is joy in Mudville !

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

bowerjohn41

Ouch but glad you recovered the file.

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019, 11:06 AM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

[...]

Paul NU4C

Jerry.
Save the file to your computer hard drive, then COPY it to a thumb drive or some other secondary drive (that is not on the same computer).Do this every time you modify your file and you will always have a backup copy.
73
Paul NU4C

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A