Topics

LONP

Jerry N9AVY

Thought it was rough going to the last 50 and was beginning to have my doubts of ever going beyond that because of poor propagation.  Oh ye of little faith !   Put in an LONP upgrade a few minutes ago and bam !  I had 2 more new LONPs on the way to next plateau !!!

Hope this will be encouragement to others who feel like propagation is lousy and they can’t make contacts. Ya gotta get out there and rattle the KiloHertz by calling lots of “CQ’s”.  There are stations out there waiting to answer but they need to hear someone .   I think the old 10-10 Net motto applies here … “If you want to get results, you have to make calls !”.  (Just had to borrow that one.)

I usually make a few calls the first is usually a 2 x 3 CQ (cq cq cq de  n9avy n9avy and repeated again.  Longer calls are usually just double that to give others a chance to find me.) It seems to work sometimes. Try whatever works and don’t be afraid to change your CQs. Do whatever it takes to make contacts, but don’t offer money, hi !

Good luck and hope to see y’all on the air !

Jerry n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Rick - N7WE

Congrats Jerry!  Making the 950 level on LONP is something to be proud of and something I'll never achieve.  But I'll keep trying!  You are in rare company on the LONP All Time List!
--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

Jerry N9AVY

Thanks Rick !

Nthing special happened after making 950… didn’t hear any singing from on high… no fireworks … no parades.. nada !  😊

Many of those 950 came from working PODXS contests/sprints , chasing WTW over the years and working on other endorsements. Anyone can do it (or come close) given decent propagation and a resurgence of PSK31 activity (Boo, FT modes !).