From: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io> on behalf of stan robinson <robinstan@...>
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 4:44 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: [070Club] CALLING ALL JOTA PARTICIPANTS

As an acknowledgement of your participation in the JOTA on October 18 - 20, 2019,

PODXS 070 Club offers JOTA Participation and Enabler Stickers.

Few people realize that each year more than a million Scouts and Guides "get together" over the airwaves for the annual Jamboree-on-the-Air (JOTA).

For an excellent example of a JOTA enabler, just check out the QRZ.COM page for Mike, KE0GHU, 070 member #2415.

For an overview of the 62nd annual event, see: Jamboree-on-the-air<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.arrl.org%2Fjamboree-on-the-air-jota&data=02%7C01%7C%7Ca8a2f43f9a11486a4e8008d75279b104%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637068554917212149&sdata=lYEoYcPiTM3gzMjr42rq29XWjiamEBIKRkLp7araBPM%3D&reserved=0>.

Always held on the third weekend in October, this year it will run from Friday October 18 thru Sunday October 20. Keep in mind this is not a contest for the most contacts, but an opportunity to dazzle and encourage those millions of potential new PODXS 070 members!

Many of you may already participate as leaders or just answering the “CQ JOTA” calls. This Sticker is intended to increase that activity and help ensure positive experiences for the boys and girls joining this event.

There will be two different Stickers offered to 070 members.

1) JOTA Participant for those who get on air and make a contact with a JOTA station.

2) JOTA Enabler for those who, working with a troop, set up a station, oversee operation, and "enable" PSK31 JOTA contacts for scouts.

A JOTA Enabler may also claim JOTA Participant if they make a PSK31 contact with another JOTA station.

We will use the honor system - just like the Field Day Sticker - to determine eligibility for both endorsements as it greatly simplifies the process of awarding stickers. If you say you participated, you participated! Please DO NOT send or attach your log.

After the event and before October 27th, send your email to: robinstan@...<mailto:robinstan@...> as follows:

On the Subject Line, state “JOTA Sticker”.
In the body state the following:
1) Your Call
2) The number of completed JOTA contacts
3) State your role if claiming to be a JOTA Enabler

I will compile the complete list of the participants and Enablers and post that on the 070 Email Reflector.

As we currently do not have a “Sticker Boss”, It may take a while to get the Stickers in the mail. But eventually, you’ll get yours.

P.S.: If you have been considering taking the job of Director - Mailing and Distribution (Sticker Boss) after John, KE4JB has left this post, now would be an easy entry point for that 070 support role. Send me your questions!
[cid:attach_0_15CE3B737F66AEEF_22364@groups.io]

Stan
W9SMR - 070 #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director

stan robinson

Got LX9S in Luxenbourg with World Scout Bureau Support Center.

Freq 14,0724

Jerry grabbed Henk also. congrats!!

73,
Stan
W9SMR

Just worked W3KWH, Steel City ARC operating JOTA with BSA Troop 9198 from Pittsburgh, PA.
Operator Bayley making good QSOs.

Freq 14,071.9

73,
Stan
W9SMR
SW FL EL87sf

For an overview of the 62nd annual event, see: Jamboree-on-the-air<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.arrl.org%2Fjamboree-on-the-air-jota&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C8dcc60231a4a4caee56b08d754a5b215%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637070942936665930&amp;sdata=6f2SedYk8BnbuDHjNKgnOczVsFKpQKmBZaIh0bAHVZk%3D&amp;reserved=0>.

[...]

Jerry N9AVY

Stan:

Yes, I confirm your QSO as well.     Barely copy you, but Henk was 599.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

K8TOM

I have not seen a JOTA on the 20M waterfall yet today.  Don't know what I'm doing wrong.  Local time is 2:10PM.

Hopefully someone on the left coast will try PSK for their JOTA contact...

Tom
K8TOM
815

Jerry N9AVY

Worked KI7OIY (Idaho)  &  N7N in Utah.  Saw KI5GAV in TX , but couldn’t get through.   There qwwere some others I called, but didn’t work.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I have not seen a JOTA on the 20M waterfall yet today.  Don't know what I'm doing wrong.  Local time is 2:10PM.

Hopefully someone on the left coast will try PSK for their JOTA contact...

Tom

K8TOM

815

Rick - N7WE

Tom-
I worked KK6I Escondido, CA Troop 669 about 16:24 UTC on 20m.  They were solid 599 here in central Florida.  Don't know if they are still active as I just got up from a long nap!  Gotta love being old and retired!
--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

delos_byrne

I worked 8S4SP this morning on 20 meters JOTA op: Jesper.

Delos

NO8R

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

delos_byrne

I worked 8S4SP op: Jesper JOTA on 20M this morning @ 14:00utc

Delos

NO8R

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I have not seen a JOTA on the 20M waterfall yet today.  Don't know what I'm doing wrong.  Local time is 2:10PM.

Hopefully someone on the left coast will try PSK for their JOTA contact...

Tom

K8TOM

815

1470

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 02:06 PM, K8TOM wrote:
I have not seen a JOTA on the 20M waterfall yet today.  Don't know what I'm doing wrong.  Local time is 2:10PM.

Hopefully someone on the left coast will try PSK for their JOTA contact...

Tom
K8TOM
815
Tom