Topics

DOUBLEHEADER TRIPLE PLAY LOW BAND SPRINT-Heads Up

stan robinson

 The Ø7Ø Club DOUBLEHEADER TRIPLE PLAY LOW BAND SPRINT is just 1 week away -

Saturday, December 14 - 0000 UTC (Friday, December 13 - 7:00 p.m. EST )

to Monday, December 16 - 0000 UTC (Sunday, December 15 - 7:00 p.m. EST )

This is a 3 day event – Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings in US.

Sprint Rules – Work a 6 hour block each UTC Date. For Scoring, your 6 hour block will start with the hour you select on the Scoring page and continue for the next 6 hours. You may have only one “Block” or “Block Portion” on a given UTC date.

Work each station once per band. (Same station, same band, different day is a dupe!)

Open to all licensed radio amateurs. Using 40M, 80M and 160M.

For Rules and detailsClick Here: DOUBLEHEADER RULES

Frequencies
: - 1.807 / 1.838 MHz (Europe). 3.580 MHz, 7.070 / 7.035 (Europe) Mhz

4 Power Categories
:

QRP < 5 W
Low < 25 W
Medium < 50 W
High < 100 W

Exchange:
 Callsign,  RST  and  State/Province/Country (SPC)    eg: “W9SMR  599  FL”

Call: “CQ 070 Sprint”

All entry logs
 must be uploaded within 1 week after the event ends.

(The on-line Scorer did not perform correctly for the Triple Play in November. Results were prepared manually by Rick, N7WE. Thank you, Rick!
Hopefully the on-line scoring will be correct for this contest.)

This event will again test your ingenuity and stealthy antenna talents. But with 3 bands to choose from, you can optimize your luck with propagation.

And it will again be worth pursuing, in order to grab that Top Band Endorsement Sticker with 20 QSOS on 160M. And 160M QSOs count as 3 points each. Only 43 of our 2,711 members have earned the Top Band Sticker.

Especially for help in grabbing a few 160M QSOs, it is helpful to post your intentions to QSY on the Reflector. Also, be sure to use PSKReporter and to Spot calls seen. We need all the help we can get.

This is one of our most popular contests. Last year, 37 logs were submitted. Matt, W5MMW, won Top Dawg honors and First Place in the 50W  category with a spectacular 90 QSOs.

Let’s see if we can beat that turnout.

73,

Stan

W9SMR - 070  #1611