From: John H. van Eijndt - KC0DEB <@KC0DEB>
To: 070@...
Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2011 8:38 PM
Subject: [070] 40M

Trying to slowly get back into PSK again. I am on 7.035+2000 to see if I can control this small drift of the old radio...
Anyone out there?

John KC0DEB #069

John van Eijndt KC0DEB

Joe, just moved away..sri. I am going to try until about 20:30 Central
(7.035)
John (#069)

To: 070@...
From: radiodxer2000@...
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 18:08:06 -0800
Subject: Re: [070] 40M

Are you still there, John? I'm looking at 01:06 and not seeing anything (yet)

73 de Joe

From: John H. van Eijndt - KC0DEB <@KC0DEB>

Trying to slowly get back into PSK again. I am on 7.035+2000 to see if I can control this small drift of the old radio...

Anyone out there?

John KC0DEB #069

Joseph Miller <radiodxer2000@...>

we got dumped with more snow today, and spent the lasy half hour cleaning,  i'll go down again in minute and look for you

73 de Joe

To: 070@...
From: radiodxer2000@...
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 18:08:06 -0800

From: John H. van Eijndt - KC0DEB <@KC0DEB>

Trying to slowly get back into PSK again. I am on 7.035+2000 to see if I can control this small drift of the old radio...

Anyone out there?

John KC0DEB #069

Fred Lesnick VE3FAL/CIW649

Lots of activity on 40 meters:

Seeing:
KD0FIP
KB3SEP
AK8D
W3HF
N8RGQ
K0JSL

These are the guys at the top portion between 1500-2000 that my MultiPSK
picked up.

Fred
CIW649/VE3FAL
CFARS Member
SATERN Member,SATERN Amateur Radio Liaison Officer
DEC Amethyst District ARES
RU QRP Club # 285

To: 070@...
From: radiodxer2000@...
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 18:08:06 -0800

From: John H. van Eijndt - KC0DEB <@KC0DEB>

Trying to slowly get back into PSK again. I am on 7.035+2000 to see if I can
control this small drift of the old radio...

Anyone out there?

John KC0DEB #069

John van Eijndt KC0DEB

40m is hopping....thanks to all who worked me tonight, had to go QRT. I have the early shift tomorrow, and better get some shuteye...Forgot how addictive PSK was...I had fun! Thanks guys.
See you all later. 73
John van Eijndt - KC0DEB
Kansas City, KS

To: 070@...

From: John H. van Eijndt - KC0DEB <@KC0DEB>

To: 070@...

From: radiodxer2000@...

Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 18:08:06 -0800

From: John H. van Eijndt - KC0DEB <@KC0DEB>

To: 070@...

Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2011 8:38 PM

Trying to slowly get back into PSK again. I am on 7.035+2000 to see if I can

control this small drift of the old radio...

Anyone out there?

John KC0DEB #069

------------------------------------

Check out the 070 Club website at <http://www.podxs070.com/> for the latest

information on 070 Club activities.

Yahoo! Groups Links

------------------------------------

Check out the 070 Club website at <http://www.podxs070.com/> for the latest

information on 070 Club activities.

Yahoo! Groups Links

John Raynsford

This morning hearing a number of psk31 stns in Japan on
7040 khz. Sounds like they are switching back and forth from
psk31 to lsb.

de AL7JK
070-2094

Doc

         ???? Isb   ?????  De Jerry W8KQ

On 11/1/2015 1:52 PM, al7jk@... [070] wrote:

This morning hearing a number of psk31 stns in Japan on
7040 khz. Sounds like they are switching back and forth from
psk31 to lsb.

de AL7JK
070-2094

Scotty W7PSK

Lower Side Band

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From:"gerald bishop gsbishop@... [070]" <070@...>
Date:Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 11:17 AM
Subject:Re: [070] Re: 40M

         ???? Isb   ?????  De Jerry W8KQ

On 11/1/2015 1:52 PM, al7jk@... [070] wrote:

This morning hearing a number of psk31 stns in Japan on
7040 khz. Sounds like they are switching back and forth from
psk31 to lsb.

de AL7JK
070-2094

Doc

  Hi- Haveto check that out. Funny thing-  don't see much till 7 Am here in No. miuchigan. Why,Don't know. When we could use the 7035,there were a lot o sigs on that freq. Now,Not so many at 7040 . did work one this am. 73 ,jerry

From:"gerald bishop gsbishop@... [070]" <070@...>
Date:Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 11:17 AM

         ???? Isb   ?????  De Jerry W8KQ

On 11/1/2015 1:52 PM, al7jk@... [070] wrote:

This morning hearing a number of psk31 stns in Japan on
7040 khz. Sounds like they are switching back and forth from
psk31 to lsb.

de AL7JK
070-2094

1470

Did I miss something? What happened to 7035?
Tnx
Barry

From:"gerald bishop gsbishop@... [070]" <070@...>
Date:Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 11:17 AM

         ???? Isb   ?????  De Jerry W8KQ

On 11/1/2015 1:52 PM, al7jk@... [070] wrote:

This morning hearing a number of psk31 stns in Japan on
7040 khz. Sounds like they are switching back and forth from
psk31 to lsb.

de AL7JK
070-2094

Rick - N7WE

I haven't used 7.035 in quite some time.  Don't remember when traffic there died.  I did find this on the RSGB website http://rsgb.org/main/operating/band-plans/hf/7mhz/   Not sure of the date it was posted,

"By 2009, the remaining broadcast stations operating in the 7.1 - 7.2MHz frequency range closed down and the Region 1 band plan was realigned, moving the start of the digital modes segment to 7040kHz, and increasing the space available for all modes.
There is still ongoing issues with the data mode operation, particularly PSK, in the CW section of the band.  Following the expansion of the data mode segment in 2009 and the alignment of Region 2 band plan in 2013, there should be no data mode operation below 7040kHz."

But if I look at the ARRL Frequency Band Chart for 40m (within Region 2) it looks to me like any digital mode is legal for us from 7.025 (7.000 for Extras) up to 7.125.  The exception of course is Novice licensees which are only permitted CW on 40m. BUT...the ARRL Band Plan does list RTTY/Data DX at 7.040 and RTTY/Data from 7.080 - 7.125.  What about 7.070?  And on top of that, unless I'm mistaken, some JA (Region 3) still use 7.028 for PSK.

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

Ray Clements

A year ago at the W(DXCC convention, I talked with a couple of hams from Japan. They said that they use 7.035 MHz for PSK there because some of the other frequencies used here are outside their bands. However, due to the time change between here and Japan, it is difficult to find a time when 40 meters is open to both ends of the QSO.

Ray N9RWC

The Japanese Bandplan shows 7.030-7.045 for Narrow Band Data.
Living on the west coast I find 7.035 is quite active for PSK31
regards
Barry
VA7GEM

---In 070@..., <n7we1980@...> wrote :

[...]

Ray
I find on the west coast that 40M is FB from about 12:00-17:00Z
Barry
VA7GEM

---In 070@..., <r.clements@...> wrote :

[...]

Thanks Barry-
Now that the solar cycle is trending down, I seldom see anything from Japan here in Florida and what I do see is mostly JT modes.  The PSK I used to see was usually on the upper bands.  I've only got 4 JA's for the 2015 JA endorsement.  Japan is a challenge with my lowly HOA complying vertical - hi hi.

Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

-