Topics

Bonus Stations Needed - Three Day Weekend 2019

stan robinson

Requesting Bonus Stations for Three Day Weekend Contest for 2019

It’s that time again! We need Bonus Stations for our 2019 Three Day Weekend contest.  Last year’s Bonus Stations did a bang-up job, and they are welcome to volunteer again. We’d really like to see some of the new guys take this opportunity to expand their world, also.  Last year we had 80 logs submitted. That is up 35% from 2017. We can exceed that if we try!

Last year’s Top Dawg and 1st place Bonus Station was Steve - VA3TPS - from Fenelon Falls, ON Canada.  That was the 4th year in a row that Steve has captured Top Dawg and his 3rd year as top Bonus Station. As much as we’d like to see him win again, it’s about time he was seriously challenged.

If you are interested in becoming a Bonus Station for 2019, send an email to Matt, AK4MK, at  info@... or respond here on the reflector.  He will attempt to ensure that stations are spread around for all to enjoy. Please respond no later than May 19th, so that we have a chance to incorporate the Bonus Stations into the Contest Rules and scoring software on our website.

The Three Day Weekend for 2019 begins the Friday after Memorial Day, May 31, at 0000 UTC Friday (Thursday evening in NA) and runs through 2359 UTC Sunday, June 2, 2019.

Contest details and rules may be found here: Three Day Weekend

Let’s make this another record turnout year and show the Propagation gods we care not for their negative attitudes.

73!

Stan
W9SMR - 070 #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director

Jerry N9AVY

Still not back to normal and can’t do long hours in contest for health reasons; SO, I will yield my bonus station status this year to any of the “new guys” .   You’ll work a lot a stations who will be hunting for you. You’ll make a lot of new friends !

I’ll try to be on the air for contest.

Hope everyone has a lot of fun !

Jerry n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Scotty W7PSK

I might be able to,  But I leave the 22nd from Clinton MO where my Grandson is graduating high school and driving back to everett.  I should be home the 27th or 28th.   Hoping it goes well.

Scotty W7PSK

--
Scotty W7PSK
Everett, Washington

N9JCA Chris Matthews

I have been a Bonus Station in the Past

and would be willing to do it again

Chris N9JCA

LONP # 165

PODXS # 797

On 5/10/19 10:26 PM, stan robinson wrote:

[...]

Robert Motyl

I'd be willing.  I was planing on be on air all three days.  Just let me know.

Bob
KK6KMU

N9JCA Chris Matthews

This w/end is the 3 Day Contest ? Have the Bonus Stations been selected
my E Mail took a dump so I have to rely on groups.io
I'm still available if needed
Chris N9JCA
73
LONP # 165
PODXS # 797

Stephen Melachrinos

Chris -

TDW has been changed to consistently start the first Friday AFTER Memorial Day. So it's next weekend, not this coming weekend.

Steve
W3HF

This w/end is the 3 Day Contest ? Have the Bonus Stations been selected
my E Mail took a dump so I have to rely on groups.io
I'm still available if needed
Chris N9JCA
73
LONP # 165
PODXS # 797

N9JCA Chris Matthews

Thanks for the Update

I'll make sure I'm available May 31 thru June 3rd

Chris N9JCA

73

On 5/21/19 1:46 AM, Stephen Melachrinos via Groups.Io wrote:
Chris -

TDW has been changed to consistently start the first Friday AFTER Memorial Day. So it's next weekend, not this coming weekend.

Steve
W3HF

This w/end is the 3 Day Contest ? Have the Bonus Stations been selected
my E Mail took a dump so I have to rely on groups.io
I'm still available if needed
Chris N9JCA
73
LONP # 165
PODXS # 797

stan robinson

Chris,

In case, as Steve W3HF has pointed out, your email is still not working right, I will restate that your participation as Bonus Station for TDW is welcome and needed. The official TDW announcement to that effect will be out by the end of this week.

Many thanks to Steve, W3HF, for pointing me in the right direction.

Enjoy the chase!!

73,

Stan
W9SMR - 070 #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director

This w/end is the 3 Day Contest ? Have the Bonus Stations been selected
my E Mail took a dump so I have to rely on groups.io
I'm still available if needed
Chris N9JCA
73
LONP # 165
PODXS # 797

Scotty W7PSK

Wife and I are leaving Missouri Tomorrow or Wednesday (Bad weather may delay us a day) and I should be home Sunday or Monday. Wife said I could have the weekend of the 31st to the 2nd to be available.
So if you still need a West Coast Bonus, I would be available

Scotty W7PSK

On May 20, 2019 at 6:46 PM "Stephen Melachrinos via Groups.Io" <melachri@...> wrote:

Chris -

TDW has been changed to consistently start the first Friday AFTER Memorial Day. So it's next weekend, not this coming weekend.

Steve
W3HF

This w/end is the 3 Day Contest ? Have the Bonus Stations been selected
my E Mail took a dump so I have to rely on groups.io
I'm still available if needed
Chris N9JCA
73
LONP # 165
PODXS # 797

--
Scotty W7PSK
Everett, Washington
070 #138

stan robinson

Scotty,

Yes, we are delighted to have you as a West Coast Bonus Station.

Enjoy the chase.
73,

Stan
W9SMR - 070 #1611