Ø7Ø Club 160M GREAT PUMPKIN SPRINT - Tomorrow

stan robinson

 The Ø7Ø Club 160M GREAT PUMPKIN SPRINT is Tomorrow

Saturday October 12 - 2000 UTC (1600 EDT) to Sunday October 13 - 2000 UTC (1600 EDT)

Sprint Rules - your choice of any 6 hour block.  Open to all licensed radio amateurs.

Frequencies: - 1.807 MHz Dial freq. (1.838 MHz Europe)

4 Power Categories:

QRP < 5 W
Low < 25 W
Medium < 50 W
High < 100 W

Exchange: Callsign,  RST  and  State/Province/Country (SPC)    eg: “W9SMR  599  IN”

Call: “CQ 070 160M Sprint”

All entry logs must be received within 1 week after the event ends.

For Rules and details, Click Here. Rules - 160M Sprint

This event will test your ingenuity and stealthy antenna talents in order to put up an antenna that will send your signals into the ether. It is not impossible.
After all, a 160M dipole is only 272 feet long.

And it will be worth pursuing, in order to grab that Top Band Endorsement Sticker with 20 QSOS on 160M. Only 43 of our 2,706 members have earned this one.

Last year, 12 logs were submitted with 11 QSOs winning. A record 24 logs were submitted in 2015, with 35 QSOs winning. Let’s see if we can beat that turnout.

And mark your calendars for the Annual Triple Play Low Band Sprint on November 9 to 11.

73,
Stan
W9SMR - 070  #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director