Re: KC3EF Report 10/10

1470

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 09:53 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

Dick:

Propagation works better when we are further apart.   When I operate 10m (way back when) it was customary to not be able to work people unless they were about 600 miles out. Some days the skip would go short and you’d work those closer , but it was rare.   When I visit my Daughter in MN (about 350 miles from here) I generally work a lot of station I don’t normally hear.   20m  is behaving somewhat similar these days.  So, the further  you are from me, the better the copy.

Thanks for providing new grids !

Jerry  n9avy

Jerry
The opposite is also true.
I was not able to catch a peep from Dick until he was within 2300 km.
cheers de
Barry

Join 070Club@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.